Obligations of an employer with apprenticepower
As an Apprentice Host you are responsible to:
- Provide placement and training for the apprentice/trainee provided that they meet the requirements for the position for a period of no less than 3 months and up to the full term of training.
- Provide direct supervision of the apprentice/trainee in training, work practice and discipline according to the standards of the Apprentice Host.
- Provide supervision and safety equipment for the apprentice/trainee at the required OH&S levels.
- Allow the apprentice/trainee any necessary absence as required for the apprentice/trainee to attend the training course associated with the apprenticeship/traineeship. The Apprentice Host is to sight the apprentice/trainee RTO Attendance Card each time the apprentice/trainee has attended the RTO.
- Allow the apprentice/trainee stand-down time to meet the requirements of a workplace based assessment conducted in the workplace by the RTO providing assessment.
- Provide apprenticepower, on a weekly basis, time sheets indicating hours worked and other allowances, either as part of the award, or company based.
- Pay within 7 days the weekly invoice submitted for recovery of wages and other on costs.
- Not place the wage records of the apprentice on the Apprentice Host wage records.
- Provide an appropriate and adequate Public Liability Insurance Policy to cover any contingency with the apprentice/trainee and shall produce a copy of such a policy on request by an ASM.
- Where the Apprentice Host wishes to employ an apprentice or trainee placed by apprenticepower prior to the completion of the training agreement or placement, a fee will be charged.
- Assist in identifying issues which impact on satisfactory progression of necessary training and refer them to the apprenticepower ASM for follow-up action.
- Be responsible for safeguarding and supervising the apprentice/trainee and shall comply with all relevant legislation and regulation.
- Placement is subject to the acceptance of apprenticepower Terms and Conditions.
To read the full Training Contract Obligations please click here.