Title Apprentice Chef x 5
Salary As per National Training Wage Award
Location Sylvania, Circular Quey and Woolwich
- Fabulous Location!
- Kick-start your career
- Learn while you earn!
- No prior experience required
COOK UP A STORM
Do you love cooking? Are you interested in trying new flavours? Are you methodical, well presented and a good communicator?
This is a great opportunity to show off your culinary skills!
In this role you will work as chef/cooks within the kitchen of cafes, restaurants, hotels, clubs and similar enterprises and perform roles including preparing food, catering a range of dishes, planning menus and controlling costs.(This is the ‘trade’ qualification for apprentice chef/cooks.)
The Daily Deal
As an Apprentice Chef/ Cook Here are just some of the duties you will be responsible for:
- Organise and prepare food , use basic methods of cookery, present food, prepare hot and cold desserts, select, prepare and cook meat and select, prepare and cook seafood
- Clean and maintain kitchen premises, develop cost-effective menus , prepare, cook and serve food for food service and food for menus
- Prepare foods according to dietary and cultural needs
- Develop and update hospitality industry knowledge, follow health, safety and security procedures and workplace hygiene procedures
- Work with colleagues and customers , work in a socially diverse environment, deal with conflict situations, implement food safety procedures and receive and store kitchen supplies
Do you have what it takes?
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Great communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Well organised and good time management skills
- Able to work methodically, accurately and neatly
- good self presentation
- willing to work long shifts
Sound like a dream job? You have to be in it to win it! So get in the running and apply NOW!